British microphone brand SONTRONICS was founded in 2005, and all its products, from microphones and preamps to cables, stands and accessories are designed and developed in the UK by company founder and MD, Trevor Coley. The motivation behind the brand is to create professional-sounding, high-quality products that don't cost the earth.
The range has grown to include stereo condensers, valve mics, ribbon mics, handheld stage mics, preamplifiers and (new for 2011) drum microphones, meaning there's something in the Sontronics family to suit every recording application, every music style and every budget.
The most recent additions to the Sontronics range include the three new drum condenser mics: DM-1B for kick drum, DM-1T for tom and DM-1S representing over 2 years of research, design and development. Also new is the SATURN multi-pattern condenser, which is fast becoming a favourite all-rounder microphone in many professional recording studios.
For more information about SONTRONICS products, visit the website.
• NOV 2011: FREE capsules worth £42 each when you buy an STC-1 cardioid condenser mic or an STC-1S pair! read more>>
• SEPT 2011: Sontronics mics used on the Mercury Award-winning album 'Let England Shake' by PJ Harvey
• APRIL 2011: HALO guitar mic now available
• JAN 2011: 3 NEW drum condenser mics:
DM-1B for kick drum & bass instruments,
DM-1T for tom, DM-1S for snare. read more>>
• JAN 2010: FIVE new products launched to mark 5th anniversary read more>>